By Yemaya Maurer,Lucas St. Clair
Inside you’ll find:
- advised equipment, garments, and meals for iciness travel
- protection guidance for facing climate and combating injuries
- directions for construction a wintry weather campsite or snow shelter
- tricks for mountain climbing with little ones, and more!
“Authors Lucas St. Clair and Yemaya Maurer offer a common-sense method of all elements of iciness mountain climbing. Their insights can assist you benefit from the iciness climate anywhere you live.”
—Jim Ditzel, vp, L.L. Bean
“A excellent advisor. not just do the authors own a boundless wisdom of wintry weather camping out and mountain climbing, also they are expert writers who percentage their wisdom in a enjoyable and really readable style.”
—Dick “Nopack” Anderson, Founder, overseas Appalachian Trail
“Unique and accomplished . . . armed with this data and the authors’ encouragement, readers who're new to iciness mountain climbing should be cozy making their first trip.”
—R. Howard Lake, Board Member, neighbors of Baxter kingdom Park
Lucas St. Clair and Yemaya Maurer are a husband-and-wife crew with twenty years of mixed event educating backcountry talents. St. Clair leads the desert education software on the Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine. Maurer writes on conservation issues.
Read Online or Download AMC Guide to Winter Hiking and Camping: Everything You Need to Plan Your Next Cold-Weather Adventure PDF
Best hiking & camping books
The Queen urban of the Pacific Northwest was recognized mostly for the outstanding forests, mountains, and waters surrounding it. yet now, what is in Seattle is as recognized as what is outdoor it. this can be a bright younger urban packed with sights. it is a middle for numerous hi-tech industries and a crossroads of world cultures.
Ninety-one hikes from the l. a. Luz path to the San Mateo and Peloncillo Mountains.
The Santa Barbara panorama is a picturesque mixture of sandy beach and forested mountains. The temperate weather and mild ocean breezes have amazing this zone because the "jewel of the yankee Riviera. " This accomplished consultant truly describes the sights and routes to all the area's top day hikes.
From "Commissioner's French Toast" to "Chicken Dutchiladas," The Scout's Dutch Oven Cookbook highlights hand-picked outside recipes, plus cooking equipment and assistance for a Scout-friendly cooking event. this is often the must-have source for Dutch oven cooking within the open air, even if you are a Scout, hiker, camper, canoer, kayaker--or an individual who eats within the desert.
- Unlearn, Rewild: Earth Skills, Ideas and Inspiration for the Future Primitive
- You're Sending Me Where?: Dispatches from Summer Camp
- Walking in Italy's Stelvio National Park: Italy's largest alpine national park (Mountain Walking)
- Hiking Yellowstone National Park: A Guide To More Than 100 Great Hikes (Regional Hiking Series)
- The Ultimate Parkour & Freerunning Book
- Allied Military Fighting Knives: And The Men Who Made Them Famous
Extra info for AMC Guide to Winter Hiking and Camping: Everything You Need to Plan Your Next Cold-Weather Adventure
AMC Guide to Winter Hiking and Camping: Everything You Need to Plan Your Next Cold-Weather Adventure by Yemaya Maurer,Lucas St. Clair